1. Who Founded the Free Software Foundation? In which year?
A: Richard M. Stallman, in 1985
2. Who started the Linux Kernel project?
A: Linus Torvalds
3. Mascot of Linux Kernel?
A: A penguin named Tux
4. What is the expansion of GNU?
A: GNU is Not Unix
5. What is GPL?
A: GNU General Public License, a free software license
6. Which free software license are the articles on Wikipedia published under?
A: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License (GNU Free Documentation License is also used)
7. Who developed the Python programming language?
A: Guido van Rossum
8. Which of the following is not a GNU/Linux distribution: Ubuntu, Fedora, FreeBSD, Linspire?
9. Mascot of GIMP Image Editor?
10. Free Software edition of the Chrome browser?
11. What is meant by GLAMP?
A: GNU, Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
12. The GNU/Linux (or UNIX) command to create a folder?
13. Founders of Wikipedia?
A: Jimmy Wales, Larry Sanger
14. How do you create a hidden file/folder in GNU/Linux?
A: By adding a dot (.) at the very beginning of the filename.
15. What is meant by the pwd command?
A: Print Working Directory
16. Which is the 3D software used to create the Open Movies including Big Buck Bunny, Eliphants Dream and Sintel?
17: Which Free Software package had the vulnerability called Heartbleed?
18. The founder of the Debian project committed suicide in 2015. What was his name?
A: Ian Murdock
19. Expansion of FLAC?
A: Free Lossless Audio Codec
20. Which Wikimedia project features texts including classics?
Keywords (click to browse): free-software foss gnu linux wikipedia richard-stallman linus-torvalds gimp gpl free-software-foundation open-source it-quiz information-technology computer internet quiz questions